You Can Improve
School-based assessment marks represent 50% of your final mark.
With the right guidance and application, this mark can lift significantly in the finals.
It’s never too late
Our students see significant improvement from the Trials to the HSC:
Declan lifted his English Trials result of 46% to an HSC result of 80%
Kate lifted her English Trials result from 76% to an HSC result of 94%
We have tutored students who went on to become the Dux of:
- SCEGGS Darlinghurst
- SCEGGS Redlands
- Saint Ignatius' College, Riverview
- Loreto Kirribilli
Want to achieve a better ATAR?
Learning With Confidence is more than just another provider of tutors for the HSC. Our intensive, individualised approach ensures that our tutors are able to get the best out of every student, every time. LWC has a proven track record in the improvement of assessment scores. We attribute our success to our focus on holistic care. Happy, well-prepared and confident students will natually achieve the best possible ATAR with minimal worry or anxiety.
Individual Private Tuition
Our approach ensures that each student receives maximum and appropriate support, academically and emotionally.
We offer full practice exams prior to Trials and HSC, corrected by experienced HSC markers and returned to students with feedback.
Small Revision Groups
In these groups we aim to consolidate completed topics to ensure strong understanding of each syllabus dot point. We’ll also help you to get ahead of the game by preparing for future areas of study.
These are offered to HSC students twice a year to ensure a sense of connection to their peers and share experiences in the lead up to the exams.
Strategies for Success
We assist with assessments and closely review exam results to ensure future improvement.
We provide straightforward structures for essays. Master paragraph structure and understand word count. This is vitally important for HSC outcomes.
Learn how to break down a question into its component parts and formulate an effective structure to respond successfully.
Our effective creative writing techniques will help you to take a good idea and present it in a successful and engaging way.
Why Choose Us?
Our availability and close focus on student well-being ensures each individual completes the school year with a sense of optimism and confidence. We like both students and parents to feel that we are always available should difficulties arise.
- Mentoring with close focus on your well-being. Let us know if you are feeling overwhelmed and struggling to stay on top of your work.
- Focus on exam technique & strategy. We will show you how to successfully approach exam questions, focus on key words and use effective paragraph structures.
- Social occasions. Join in with others in your year group to relax and share your experiences.
- Support with stress and time management. It’s not a matter of working harder, but working effectively to achieve your study goals.
- Learn how to study effectively. We will help you construct realistic and practical study plans. Achieve your goals, balanced with some much needed leisure time.
- At home support. Contact us by phone or text if you would like to speak about anything that is worrying you.
- Careful selection of appropriate tutor. We provide the right tutor for you, to build a supportive and encouraging relationship.
- No contracts, no up-front fees. We are flexible with frequency of tuition. Choose the arrangement that suits you best.
- Discounts for 2nd/3rd/4th child.
- Parent support by phone as needed. Many parents experience considerable stress in the HSC year. Please feel that you can talk to us about any problems at all.
- Liaison with schools as needed. Results at the end of Year 10 do not always reflect future ability. We are happy to meet with teachers and department heads to help students choose subject levels that match their potential for academic achievement.
- How to source appropriate help if needed. In the case of significant problems with anxiety, we can liaise with Learning Support or help you find good counsellors, psychologists and psychiatrists.
- Improved child/parent relationship. Year 12 is a testing year for many families. We encourage them to communicate their workload and school expectations with you, which often improves relationships at home. We like to know how our students are placed with assessments and assignments and help students get organised and manage the stress.
Private tuition sessions are charged at an hourly rate.
No additional fees for unscheduled extra support as needed.
|Academic Year||1st Child||2nd+ Child|
Prices do not include GST